The Felician Sisters of North America are seeking to recruit a Facility Manager for our Chicago Convent. The Facility Manager is responsible for facility planning, operations, and maintenance. This position also manages the local facility management business function in support of the organization’s goals and objectives. Scope includes overseeing the entire convent campus. The Facility Manager develops and implements system lifecycle programs to maximize efficiency, length of service, and utilization of facility assets. Responsibilities also include managing employees and contractors in the operations and maintenance of the buildings and grounds.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Develops and implements business processes to ensure cost effective facility operations and minimize/eliminate unplanned infrastructure and building systems downtime.
- Develops and manages facility operating budgets within established parameters.
- Presents short and long term facility usage options to Director of Properties.
- Manages, at the department level, loss, injury prevention programs, and compliance with environmental, health and safety standards.
- Manages security, alarm, and fire suppression/detection systems and ensures compliance to building, fire, electrical and mechanical system standards and codes.
- Provides oversight for capital projects at assigned sites, and acts as the local contact for any/all subcontractors and service providers.
- Responsible for effective cost management associated with maintaining the facility, equipment and furnishings.
- Assists in the development of facility operations and maintenance policies, under the direction of the Director of Properties.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and staff to provide desired level of customer service to convent residents
- Ability to read architectural drawings and blueprints; read labels, installation and operation manuals, and follow directions
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment
- Must be able to effectively manage time, staff and resources
- Valid driver’s license required, with proof of insurance in order to drive Felician vehicles
- Willingness to follow Felician Sisters Core Values and support the Mission of The Felician Sisters
Education, Training and/or Experience:
Associates degree (Bachelors degree preferred) or equivalent work experience required. Supervisory experience required. Must have five or more years experience in related field or trade with supervisory. Must have a thorough understanding of building construction and associated building trades. Advanced IFMA or other professional certification preferred.
We offer competitive pay and benefits and a positive work environment. Salary is commensurate with experience. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Felician Sisters of North America offers great benefits for full-time employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD and Life Insurance. Our Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance is low deductible and affordable for individual employee coverage as well as employee/spouse and family level coverage
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- 403(b) Retirement Plan – Up to 6% Employer Match
- Competitive pay with direct deposit
- Positive and fulfilling work environment which values respect and compassion
How to apply: Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.